Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Your Ghost




I saw you. You were very much alive. You and your friends. You talked to me like there’s nothing wrong. At first, I didn’t believe it. I talked to your friends normally, and I didn’t talk to you. But then you treated me as you did before.

Somewhere in the middle of something important, I was sleepy so I lay down in front of you but not facing you. You were somewhere behind me. I closed my eyes so I could sleep. I was somewhat uncomfortable. After a few seconds, something crawled behind my back. It felt like an arm, and it made its way around my waist. I felt it. And I knew it was yours. The way you were holding me before. I recognized it was yours. And I let off a smile. You held me for some time, and for a moment, I thought it was real.

Your Ghost

I was becoming comfortable with it. I felt sure, I felt secured, I felt I was cared for and nothing could harm me. You caressed me like you did before. And for that time I felt safe, for that time I believed you were real, I was ready to sleep comfortably, and then suddenly, you removed your arms off me. I thought you had something to do. But your arms never came back. Your touch has left me. You left me. You never came back.

I didn’t look behind. I can’t look behind. I was scared. I was scared to see the truth. I was scared to see with my own eyes that you weren’t there anymore. I am so scared. I don’t want you to leave me again. I can’t go through it again. It hurts so much.

And then, I woke up, crying.. It was only a dream. A dream where you became real, where you were still alive. I couldn’t believe it. I was crying when I woke up, and I cried for the rest of the morning. Even in my dreams, you left me. Even in the world where you can exist forever, you still left me. How can you possibly hurt me that much?

I love you, but why did you have to leave me? I will always love you. Please come back, even just in my dreams.. come back to me. Where we can live together again, my love. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment